Yaaaay, the most important day of the year is finally here, today I’m turning 25! I’m still as exited about birthdays as use to be and I’m celebrating with a personal post that I wouldn’t normally do on the blog. But it’s my birthday and I get to decide everthing and do whatever I want!
Do today, here’s a birthday-colored outfit and a list of 25 things you didn’t know about me.
Happy April 19th!
- When I was a teenager, I was a huge fan og the German band Tokio Hotel. It had the lucky side effect of me being the best at German in class.
- I had an emo period as a teen, too. I wore black eyeliner and bought a Kurt Cobain tee with the writing “I hate myself and want to die” on the back. My parents must’ve been terrified!
- I love ancient Greece and Egypt and if I were to work in anything else than fashion, I’d be an archeologist.
- When I was a kid, I wanted to be a writer and had begun small books on my dad’s computer.
- My fave animals as a kid were snakes and sharks. I wished multiple times for a king cobra for my birthday, but I never got one.
- My absolute least favorite animal is the praying mantis. Oh. My. God. Why is it so disgusting? It looks like an evil and icky alien-version of a human in miniature size. YUCK! I honestly hate them.
- I love potato on rebreed with fried onions on top and I’ve eaten it almost every day for the past two months.
- The first three months of my 2017 my most played song on Spotify was Bossy by Kelis ft. Too Short.
- If I had to go to my music exam in high school, I should’ve played Bach’s Brandenburger Concerto 2, movement 2 on a semi-out of tune recorder. Sp happy that never happened!
- When I was 14 I started playing youth theater. Not because I wanted to be an actress, more just because I wanted to be famous and I’d stopped growing at 167cm, so I couldn’t be a model.
- I once taught theater at my continuation school, when a teacher got sick.
- The first name of the blog was Life Outside of Town, since I lived 10km outside of the nearest big city. How imaginative.
- During the time I’ve had the blog, I’ve had three boyfriends. I haven’t written a lot about them though, since I like to keep my private life to myself.
- When I look for cute guys, something I always check is if they have skinny legs. I have no idea why I find that the most attractive, but I don’t think I’ve ever had a boyfriend with bigger thighs than me.
- I started traveling to fashion weeks hoping that Anna Wintour would spot me a take me under her wings. It never happened, but I was on the Vogue US list of best dressed people in 2014.
- As a teenager I tried to be a bit rebellious and sometimes thought I was the black sheep of the family. Now I think I’m more of a pink sheep. Still a bit different, but in a nice way.
- I once was hypnotized for my shyness. I don’t know if it truly worked or if it was placebo, but it definitely has had a positive effect on my life.
- Sometimes I count my birthmarks. t the moment im on 35 on my left arm, 42 on my right arm, and 39 on both legs.
- I love tv. I almost never watch series, I’m more into reality and documentary tv!
- I keep a list of things I’ve heard strangers say on the street or on the bus. Classics on the list are:
“What’s your name?” “Dan!” “So you spell it with a Z or what?”
“We need to be able to look at each other’s balls and be okay with it.”
- I also keep a list of silly things people have written on their t-shirts. Here’s a few:
Love your selfie
Too hot for heaven, too cool for hell
The roads of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
Made for working
- When I was a kid I was super picky. I’m not so picky anymore, aside from when it comes to candy. I only like 5-6 types of candy.
- I’m never too full to eat fries, chips or bread with butter.
- I really wanna live on a house boat sometime.
- I’m really happy about turning 25. I feel so good at that age right now and I love it.